We offer a variety of Kirkwood vacation packages to suit any budget and any interest. Our knowledgeable and experienced agents know Kirkwood Tahoe inside and out and will provide a convenient and helpful planning service saving you time and money.
Some of the current specials below offer the best vacation package values if you have flexible dates, but we have access to the largest selection of properties and services which allows our agents to combine offers, mix and match vacation components and we will always deliver the best value for your Tahoe ski vacation!
Lake Tahoe is one of the world’s premier ski destinations, and Kirkwood is its secret jewel. A locals’ favorite, Kirkwood has what they like to call the “K-Factor”: geography that delivers Tahoe’s lightest, fluffiest snow with annual accumulations of over 40 feet and storms that can dump up to 15 feet of snow in just days! Surrounded by National forest, this is a skier’s sanctuary. Kirkwood is tucked away from most of Tahoe’s crowds, and features great snow, short lines, steep terrain, and great opportunities for new skiers. With its attractive village, a variety of accommodation choices, and proximity to the action on Lake Tahoe’s south shore, Kirkwood is a destination that should be on every skier’s and snowboarder’s bucket list. Rocky Mountain Getaways can help you discover this jewel- let our Kirkwood experts create the perfect package at the best rates, and you will be sure to enjoy all this unique resort has to offer.
- The Mountain: 2300 skiable acres, and over 70 trails- 15% beginner, 50% intermediate, 35% advanced and expert- and a 2000 foot vertical. Experts can ski down The Wall if they dare, while beginners can enjoy the gentle (but not gently named) Ditch of Doom.
- The Resort: Kirkwood’s base village is an enclave at the base of the mountain where families and groups of friends will find everything needed for a memorable vacation. Some of the fun amenities featured in the base village include an ice rink, boutique shopping opportunities, and a full-service recreation center. Convenient shuttle service links Kirkwood to all of the action in South Lake Tahoe.
- Lodging: You have a choice at Kirkwood- premium slopeside condominiums, the family-affordable rooms and lofts at Sun Meadows, and the fully-equipped Meadowstone. Rocky Mountain Getaways knows Kirkwood and will work with you to find the perfect place for your stay and enjoy the perfect family getaway or quiet retreat.
- Dining: Kirkwood offers many dining choices. Take in the old-Tahoe atmosphere at the Kirkwood Inn- built by Zachary Kirkwood in 1864. Finer dining and panoramic vistas are offered at the Off The Wall Bar. Kick back on the sunny deck at Red Cliffs, or enjoy some good food at Bub’s Pub.
- Activities: Visit the High Alpine Adventure Center for cross-country and snowshoe adventures, snow tubing, and a high-speed ride down Tahoe’s first zipline. And here’s something special- women can improve their ski skills at one of Olympian Eva Twardokens women’s ski workshops.
- Getting There: Kirkwood is a short drive from Reno and Sacramento International Airports and just over a three-hour drive from the San Francisco Bay Area. Rocky Mountain Getaways travel experts will arrange your flight and secure your rental car, getting you to Kirkwood quickly, easily, and for the best rates available. If you drive, be sure to check highway conditions for road closures.