El Colorado Ski Center sits between Valle Nevado and La Parva among the "Three Valleys of the Andes" located less than 45 kilometers from Santiago. El Colorado is the oldest ski resorts in Chile. This family ski vacation favorite offers 20 lifts, and over 2,400 acres of terrain geared towards beginners and intermediates, but also delivers spectacular steep chutes for advanced skiers. When combined with Valle Nevado and La Parva, the three interconnected resorts represent the largest amount of skiable surface area in South America. Our South American ski vacation experts are dedicated to providing you with the most memorable Chilean ski package and can also customize your vacation to include excursions to explore the Chilean culture and coast.
- The Mountain: El Colorado is a family friendly mountain. There are ample trails for beginners, and wide open cruising slopes for intermediate skiers. Experts will enjoy the back steeps, or take off for the accessible backcountry. El Colorado’s ability to link with Valle Nevado and La Parva allow it to offer access to South America's most expansive resort and backcountry ski terrain.
- The Resort: There are two villages, and all services are located in one central building known as "El Parado." To fully enjoy your Chilean resort experience, a day in Santiago is a must- shopping, museums, and culture.
- Lodging: El Colorado offers a variety of loding options including slopeside accommodations with sweeping views of Santiago, cozy cabins, relaxed apartments, and- of course- there’s all of Santiago from which to choose. Whatever your preference Rocky Mountain Getaways’ South American ski vacation experts will uncover the best lodging at the best rates for your Chilean ski adventure.
- Dining: Enjoy the handful of restaurants and cafes at the base of the El Colorado Resort, but be sure to head into Santiago for some exquisite Chilean cuisine.
- Activities: Activities include snowshoe trekking, mountaineering courses, and cross-country and randonee tours.
- Getting There: El Colorado is a short- about 30 mile- drive from Santiago. Rocky Mountain Getaways’ Chilean travel specialists will book your flight, secure your rental car, and get you there quickly- often in time to ski the day you arrive.