We offer a variety of Banff vacation packages to suit any budget and any interest. Our knowledgeable and experienced agents know Banff inside and out and will provide a convenient and helpful planning service saving you time and money.
Some of the current specials below offer the best vacation package values if you have flexible dates, but we have access to the largest selection of properties and services which allows our agents to combine offers, mix and match vacation components and we will always deliver the best value for your Canadian ski vacation!
Stunning natural beauty, elevated mountain culture, and the union of three ski areas circling one of North America’s finest resort towns make Banff an absolute must for any serious skier. The resorts offer sugar-sweet powder, and terrain for any skier: Norquay’s unpretentious simplicity is designed by skiers for skiers. Sunshine’s three mountains offer variety, including some of the most demanding terrain on the continent, and then there’s the crown jewel- Lake Louise. With 4200 skiable acres, spectacular views, and vast, varied terrain, it is a destination in itself. Access all three with the tri-area lift ticket. Lodging can be spectacular- The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is ultimate elegance in the heart of a UNESCO World Heritage Site- or simple and comfortable. Rocky Mountain Getaways’ Banff specialists will find the place where you can best experience Banff’s spectacular beauty, skiing, and culture.
- The Mountain: Banff is three resorts totaling seven mountains, over 7,700 acres, and 248 trails. The terrain options are outstanding- trees, glaciers, powder bowls, and gently sloping beginner runs. Norquay is small- 5 lifts- with skier-friendly terrain, Sunshine offers a great mix, as does the expansive Lake Louise. Lake Louise has a special feature- each of its lifts has green option as an alternative to the more difficult runs they access. Banff is also the birthplace of heli-skiing. Add this option to the mix, and the skiing opportunities are infinite.
- The Resort: Each of the resorts has its own village with its own personality, notably Lake Louise’s in the shadow of the majestic Chateau Lake Louise. The town of Banff hosts numerous shops and attractions, including the world famous Banff Centre for Mountain Culture, and many galleries featuring Inuit art.
- Lodging: With two 5-star Fairmont Hotels, in-town B&B’s, relaxed condos, vacation homes, and family-friendly budget inns, Banff’s lodging can be overwhelming. Rocky Mountain Getaway’s team of Banff lodging experts will find your Canadian Rocky home-away-from home, the perfect place for your Banff experience.
- Dining: There are options at the resorts, but the real choices are in town. Downtown Banff has more than 100 bistros and fine restaurants including Japanese, Italian, steakhouses, Tex-Mex as well as cafés, pubs and delis. Of note are the Maple Leaf Grille- a New York Times pick, and the popular Elk and Oarsman Pub. Start the day at Bruno’s- SKI Magazine’s favorite breakfast, or the Wildflour Café. A note on tipping- some restaurants will add 15% to the bill, others leave it to your discretion- if you aren’t sure, ask your server.
- Activities: Banff is in the heart of Canadian Rockies. Take in the spectacular scenery on a guided cross-country ski tour, or take a quick loop closer to town. Dogsled and snowmobile tours are available. Definitely try one of the spectacular ice walks- guided hikes past awe-inspiring frozen waterfalls.
- Getting There: Banff is located not far from the Calgary International Airport. Rocky Mountain Getaways travel specialists will arrange air and ground transportation- rental car or shuttle- with good rates and your convenience in mind.